- Population: 126.4 million. Most people live in the capital city of Tokyo
- Capital City: Tokyo
- Another major city in Japan is Yokohama with a population of about 3,690,000. Some sites are Yamashita Park, China Town, and the Ramen Museum
- The most common language spoken in Japan is Japanese.
- After World War Two, Japan suffered in their poverty and agriculture. Their national debt reached high numbers which still affect them today.
- The main religions in Japan are Shinto, Buddhism, Christianity, and Confucianism.
- An important date pertaining to Japan are 1853 when the US forced Japan to open up to foreign influence after over 200 years of self-imposed isolation.
- Japan has the world’s third largest economy. They have achieved remarkable growth in the second half of the 20th century after the devastation of the second World War