- The main character or major character is a character that is central the the development and resolution of the stories problem.
- Minor characters are characters that are not focused on by the primary storyline.
- The sidekick is a character that accompanies the main character.
- Protagonist is the main character in any story.
- Antagonist is the character who opposes the antagonist.
- The Nemesis the the ultimate or undefeatable foe.
In my book, Princess of the Midnight Ball, the main characters are Rose and Galen. They are the ones that the story mainly focuses on. The sidekicks are all eleven of Roses other sisters, because they are never focused on, and they are just always there helping when Rose is sick and when they go to the midnight ball.
I think overall Galen is the most major character is this book.Its basically all about him solving the mystery of the worn out dancing slippers, even when its focused on Rose, he’s always mentioned and is helping Rose. In this book, Galen is trying to change the fact that the 12 sisters keep going to the Midnight ball every night. He does everything he can to change that.
The antagonist in The Princess of the Midnight Ball, is the King Under Stone. He’s always in the way of Galen trying to solve the problem. When Galen follows them down to the midnight ball, the king under stone sees him and knocks him back and tries to keep the princesses there. The nemesis of the story I think is actually the deal that Queen Maude made, because of that is why they always have to go down there, and they can’t find a way to avoid it.