Last week I decided to read this CNN article to give me an insight on what is going on India today. The article I chose, discussed an upcoming election that is expected to be pretty big for India. More specifically, the article discussed how whatsapp plans to prepare for that very election.
Whatsapp is a social media app the is pretty popular in India. It allows people to join chat rooms and send direct messages to other users. The article talks about multiple murders that took place in the past, that had resulted from propaganda that had been spread through the app. The article goes into detail on how whatsapp plans to prevent this from happening again.
The social media app will now be putting in AI software to detect and ban users spreading potentially dangerous information through the app. The AI will look for behaviors such as: bulk registrations of accounts that appear to be similar to others and a large amount of messages sent in a short time period.
I came to understand from reading this article that propaganda being spread on this popular social media platform has lead to deaths and the company that owns whatsapp wants to prevent such things from reoccurring. I believe whatsapp’s efforts are very noble and they prove to want to help the issue which is very noble. A platform such as that doesn’t necessarily have to care about things like that, and its a good thing they do.
- The Population of India is 1.3 billion and most of the population lies in New Delhi. Which, not suprisngly is the capital of India. The second major city in India is Mumbai. Mumbai holds the gateway of India which is a location among tourists that marks King George V and Queen Mary at Apollo Bunder on there visit in India. Mumbai is a tourist location that most find beautiful.
- Most citizens of India speak Hindu. But India has 22 other recognized official languages. Including English,Urdu and Sanskrit.
- 22% of the Indian population is in poverty. Which means less than half of India’s population is poor. Which is nice to know because for a number of years India suffered from a poverty crisis.
- India is the leading diamond producer.
- 79.8% of the Indian population practice Hinduism . Which is the most widespread religion in India. 14.2% of the Indian population adheres to Islam,while the rest of the population adheres to other religions
- India was originally under British rule, In 1920 Mahatma Ghandi helped to gain independence be leading many in peaceful protests. India is than split into two nations of Independence Hindu majority-India, and Muslim majority- Pakistan which leads to many conflicts in the future.
I choose the country India. I chose India specifically because I find the culture to be super interesting and I wanted to learn more about it. I hope to discover more about what life is like there,how the people live. I want to know even more about the country,the economy and what the goverment is like their.
Welcome to your brand new blog at ASD Pages Sites.
To get started, simply log in, edit or delete this post and check out all the other options available to you.
For assistance, visit our comprehensive support site, check out our Edublogs User Guide guide or stop by The Edublogs Forums to chat with other edubloggers.
You can also subscribe to our brilliant free publication, The Edublogger, which is jammed with helpful tips, ideas and more.